It is both a pleasure and an honor to welcome you to our school. The staff at Vance Middle School is excited to be a part of the education of Bristol's young people. As a Title I school, we provide a challenging academic program, opportunities for personal growth, and outstanding athletic and extracurricular programs. We hope that you take the opportunity to become an active part of your student's experience at Vance Middle School.
At Vance Middle School we believe that:
• All individuals learn
• Individual differences are recognized, valued, and respected.
• High standards and expectations are maintained for all in order to Engage, Challenge, and Inspire.
• A positive school climate within a safe and orderly environment enables and enhances learning.
• All aspects of the school program should respond to the unique developmental needs of middle school learners.
• Life-long learning, exemplary character, responsible citizenship, and the ability to meet life's challenges are valued educational outcomes.
• Collaborative efforts among administrators, staff, students, parents, and the community are integral to the learning process.
Thus, we are dedicated to the continued study, implementation, and refinement of educational processes inherent to quality middle level education. Parents can become involved at Vance in many ways. Volunteer opportunities through PTSA, the PTSA board, and the Parent Advisory Board are just a few. We also encourage involvement in academic processes through parent participation as we interpret Explore results, TCAP results and testing history, writing assessments, and preparation for the high school experience.
We look forward to working with you.
Dr. Amy Scott